Home > How do I? > How to Arrange a Wedding

How to arrange Weddings


You will be able to be married at St. Andrew's if you live within the boundaries of the parish, or do not live in the parish and are on the St Andrew’s electoral roll, or if have a very close family connection with the church. You may marry after banns have been read out, if you live in the parish, or by common or special licence if you do not.

Marriage laws in the United Kingdom can be quite complex and you should contact the vicar of the church in the first instance. revlnorth@aol.com

The Church of England sets the standard fees for a wedding and the fees for 2015 are shown in the table below. St. Andrew's is also able to assist you withother aspects of your wedding day. Our organist would be pleased to play at your wedding and the bells can be rung. We can provide flowers and service sheets. All of the fees are shown in the table below.


Statutory or Discretionary









Banns Certificate if required








Cost of Ceremony



Service sheet (optional)




£80+£10 to organ fund








Heating 1 Oct – 30 Apr



Flowers (minimum charge)


If the wedding is very large and the screen needs to be opened and extra seating laid out, then the verger will be paid £50, plus extra for help for car parking attendants, etc.

Our church halls are also available to hire for receptions. Use the following link: